Monday, May 30, 2016

The second child.

Yes, it's quickly becoming obvious, Morgan is the second child. Ok, so you probably already knew that. What I really mean is that we sometimes (collective gasp!) forget to take photos of her. Really, I know at the end of the day there will still be hundreds (perhaps even thousands) more photos of her childhood than my own pre-digital camera age childhood. However, there will likely be notably less photos of her as a baby than there were of Emma. I also did a monthly blog for Emma her entire first year. Let's be real, that's not going to happen for Morgan. Maybe instead I'll aim for a blog every other month, so here's a look back at most of April and May...

Morgan's first bottle at 6 weeks old compliments of a multi-tasking big sister, "I can feed Morgan and skype with grandma & grandpa!" Poor Morgan didn't seem too bothered by having to contort her neck to keep drinking.

First trip for all of us to beautiful Freshwater beach. 
Morgan rocking the baby swimsuit, even if she didn't get in the water.
Big day for Morgan at 7 weeks old - headed to the U.S. consulate to officially become a U.S. citizen!

Yes, both of our kids were born outside the U.S., but to everyone's disappointment neither has dual citizenship.

Passed out at the park.
A very stoic two month old. This kid actually does smile a lot, just not for the camera much quite yet. I am the lucky recipient most days of her toothless grin!
I actually don't think Emma caused Morgan's meltdown in this photo, but it sure looks like she might have...
Daddy reading with his daughters.
Emma proudly made not one, but two sensory boards for Morgan. 
9 week old chubby face smiles... I can't get enough of this photo.
Morgan slept here a lot for her first 10 weeks of life.
At 11 weeks old Morgan started rolling over, but she's still pretty picky as to when she does it. She has made it clear to me that she is not a circus performer that does it on command. I was lucky to capture it here!

Bored at home one afternoon resulted in an Emma & Morgan montage...





I joined in.
And Morgan's so over it.
Look mom - I can hold this ball, but I'm pretty freaked out by that camera!
Mother's Day afternoon at Balmoral beach.

So much for getting a nice photo with my kids.
Three months brought a stronger head and a still stoic face for the camera.
Thinking of smiling...
I'll settle for two half smiles following the critical headband swap.
Now I can chew on this ball too!
Emma helped me put together the activity center for Morgan and hence she was the first one to have a go!
Maybe a little young for all of it, but it's pretty mesmerizing stuff...
So thankful to celebrate Morgan's baptismal birthday on May 29!
I think we were all laughing at the Morgan "drowning in the tulle of her dress" comment here...
Emma thought it was pretty great that Morgan was being baptised. She took every advantage to wave at Morgan during the baptism and to wave at all her other friends in church during the rest of her time up front.
Love this photo... and love Emma's inner fashionista (except when it involves multiple wardrobe changes in the morning). She simply had to wear a white dress and pink sweater like Morgan, and you can't forget the all important handbag!

No comments:

Post a Comment