Thursday, December 13, 2012

I think our counting is off!





Last month when Emma turned five months old I literally could not believe it. Some days I am convinced that I miscounted and when people ask me how old she is I have to double check myself. While we sometimes have frustrating days that go slowly, so often at the end of the week I don't know where the time has gone, but I do know that I was spending it with one pretty cool little girl. Considering I can't keep track of her age now, I can only imagine I will continue to struggle for the rest of my life as I watch her grow. Good thing for now I can put stickers on her shirt...

Sitting so properly beside her monkey


Can't stop herself from smiling


Five month smiles

Laying on her back lasted for approximately 15 seconds... she doesn't really sit still at all


Showing off how strong she is for the camera


With a little assistance from dad...

If you hadn't already figured it out based on past blogs, Emma's fifth month was filled with meeting family and traveling. There were only a few days that were just the typical stay at home and play days. As you can guess that certainly has not helped our hopes of getting on a schedule any better when it comes to sleeping. However, I'm willing to take the good with the bad right now. Even if all of the traveling does not help her with developing a perfect routine, I don't think it will do any long term harm, and rather I think it benefits her in so many different ways. She clearly loves to be outside, seeing new things, meeting new people, and is just curious about everything around her and I think the traveling continues to encourage her to learn more from her surroundings. It becomes quite obvious quickly on days when we don't get out and do much that she gets cabin fever. It truly is so much fun to watch her take everything in for the first time and simply amazing to know that she has never before seen or done this or that. While we get to experience so many once in a lifetime opportunities living here, Emma certainly helps us to appreciate the little things in life like never before.

Love this face!

Aside from traveling and meeting people, at the end of the month Emma started a few solid foods. It seems like they encourage starting a bit earlier here in Europe than they do in the U.S. for various reasons as our doctor encouraged us to start as soon as she turned four months old. The first few days were relatively unsuccessful but hopefully she'll start catching on soon!


First time sitting in the high chair - having fun trying to find her balance


First day... looking at dad wondering what mom is making her do


Focusing hard on that chugga chugga train delivering her food


Day two... trying to help


Happy for this bite, probably because I gave in and took her bib off when the only place it was was in her mouth!


Sweet potato mustache


Emma loves sitting in her high chair like a big kid at the table

While we were keeping Emma busy this last month, Emma was still busy on her own growing and developing. It became quite clear that she really loves her feet, pushing up even higher when on her tummy, gaining ab muscles as she gets stronger sitting upright, babbling, and smiling for other people. She loves to catch the gaze of most any stranger and see if they will interact with her. It is fun to see how people respond to her and who smiles first! Many people have commented that she seems very attentive and curious for her age, and although I don't really know any better I would have to agree. She clearly loves to learn and I am afraid is going to quickly outsmart her mother and father. I guess I will have to savor my limited days!

Sorry for all the photos, but it was a fun fifth month!

Checking out those kneepads

Will be good on these hard floors once she is ready to crawl

The second those pants come off her hands are on her feet!


I bet she's the only kid in these parts wearing the M


Posing with her beautiful new gift from Grandma & Grandpa Souders
 

Where's Emma? She thinks this is a fun game to be piled under all of her toys...

Someone is a little excited today!

 
She loves to explore new noises she can make!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment